One of the primary goals of Spring Soccer is to allow more players to compete in a competitive soccer environment without the pressure to win at all costs. This is a great league to try out new players or transfer players. Your team can gain valuable playing time before State Cup or prepare for the upcoming 2022 Fall Season. Spring Soccer allows your team to play several games without the cost of an expensive tournament and time commitment.
SPRING 2022 FAQ's
- I have a player that did NOT play Club last year. Can they play in the Spring League?
Yes, as long as the player is registered with Cal South. Contact your club registrar for registration.
- Q: When is the last date a team can sign up?
The deadline to sign up for Spring Soccer is January 30, 2022.
- How much does it cost to play in Spring Soccer?
$450 with fields: club is able to provide fields for home games
$750 without fields: club is unable to provide fields for home games.
Clubs will be invoiced or teams can mail checks to CSL, 350 South Glassell, Orange CA 92866.
- If my team drops from the league, can I get a refund?
Teams who drop after February 10, 2022 will not receive a refund.
- When does the Spring Soccer season start?
The Spring Soccer season starts Saturday, March 5, 2022 and runs through end of April 2022.
- What is Spring Cup?
Spring Cup will be played in May 2022 and entry is included in your team fee.
Girls Spring Cup will be played May 7,14,15
Boys Spring Cup will be played May 15,21,22.
- Do teams receive medals and trophies for Spring League?
No, teams do not receive medals and trophies for Spring League as the Spring Season is used for developing players. Teams do receive medals for Spring Cup.
- My team is not registered with Cal South. Can my team participate in Spring League?
Your team must be registered with Cal South in order to play in Spring League.
GAME FORMAT AND ROSTER SIZES
- Can loan players be used?
Yes, there is no limit on the number of loan players.
- Can new players participate in Spring League?
Yes, new players can participate in Spring League if they are registered with Cal South. New players must be registered by Thursday, noon, to participate in the following weekend's games. New players can be registered by their respective Club registrar according to local club policies. Players without a valid player pass will NOT be eligible to participate.
Spring 2022 format.
Roster Sizes for Spring 2022:
2015-2013 (7v7): 12 players
2012-2011 (9v9): 16 players
2010 (11v11): 18 players
2009-2004 (11v11): 22 players
- If my team provides a home field, will half of our games be home games?
Your team could end up having more home games depending on if your opponent provides a home field. The home and away system does not apply to Spring League.
- Will any games not involving our club be scheduled on the fields we supply?
No, only games involving your club will be scheduled at your designated home field(s).
- Can our team participate in Spring League if we do not have a home field?
Yes. We will try to have your team join with another local club for home games. Your team will pay a fee/game to the home hosting club. If your team is unable to join with another local club, then your team will have all away games.
- Do you schedule around State Cup?
Yes, we make every effort to schedule around State Cup. Teams will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if their team is playing in State Cup so we can accommodate you.
- Is our team able to request playing 2 games/day?
- How are the teams bracketed?
We bracket the teams based on level of play and geographic location.